The Hunger Project works in partnership with grassroots people in Africa, Asia and Latin America to develop effective bottom-up strategies. Learn more about our methodology.
We have discovered three critical elements that, when combined, empower people to make rapid progress in overcoming hunger and poverty:
- Mobilizing people at the grassroots level to build self-reliance
- Empowering women as key change agents; and
- Forging partnerships with local government.
We have developed several key initiatives within our country programs that address our three pillars:
- Community Centers for Meeting Basic Needs
- Honoring Africa's Leadership
- Microfinance Program in Africa to Build the Capacity of Small Farmers
- HIV/AIDS and Gender
- Celebrating Girl Children in Bangladesh
- Fostering Government Accountability in Bangladesh
- Strengthening Elected Women Leaders in India
- Partnering with Media to Enhance Women's Leadership