Resource Mobilization in Senegal
The Hunger Project works with many NGOs as well as with the local and national governments at epicenters in Senegal.
The Hunger Project-Senegal partners with several different NGOs, including:
- “Plan Sénégal” which focuses on education, “APSFD” which trains staff for rural banks;
- “ICCO” which focuses on non-traditional and sexual education;
- “PPMEH” which provide financing for rural banks;
- “MDL” which aids in the creation of infrastructure for the processing of dairy products;
- “CTI-Senegal” which helps to set up computer and printing technologies;
- “USAID” which provides healthcare support;
- “ANEV” which works in sustainability and food security; and
- “Projet Plateforme” which sets up energy transformation and production systems.
Additionally, Senegal works with the government health and education sectors and the Women’s Ministry. Local government is closest to the people and has the mission of working with people to meet their basic needs. The Hunger Project works in partnership with local government bodies to ensure that they are effective, include the leadership of women, are directly accountable to local people, and provide access to resources and information.