THP-Uganda's October 2010 Update to the Global Board
The following are highlights from April-October 2010 from The Hunger Project-Uganda:
1. Ongoing efforts in programs in food production and food security; water, sanitation and environment; epicenter construction; health and nutrition, including HIV/AIDS; microfinance and women's empowerment; and community mindset change and leadership development through Vision, Commitment and Action Workshops (VCAWs).
2. Parnterships with other like-minded organizations, including Mildmay, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Ford Foundation, Bead for Life and the Government of Uganda.
3. The construction of the Mbale Epicenter.
4. Establishment of fifteen satellite banks (kiosks) in various epicenters to support the Microfinance Program.
5. Gaining government recognition for the sixth Rural Bank: Mbarara Epicenter Savings and Credit Cooperative Society (MESACCO).