July 2007: Inauguration of the First Epicenter in Mozambique
July 16-20, 2007
On the occasion of the inauguration of the first Hunger Project epicenter in Mozambique, Hunger Project investor leaders joined Mozambique's former president, Global Board Member and 1997 Africa Prize Laureate Joaquim Chissano and 1998 Africa Prize Laureate Celina Cossa and thousands of local residents in a week of celebrations and meetings.
The Journey - Day by Day
- Day 1: Briefing at the office of The Hunger Project-Mozambique, and meeting with the Executive Director of the Joaquim Chissano Foundation.
- Day 2: Inauguration ceremony and celebration for the Chókè Epicenter
- Day 3: Meetings at the Chókè Epicenter and visits in the surrounding villages
- Day 4: Meetings with the population in the process of building Mozambique's second epicenter in Manhiça, and a Global Conference Call (see below).
- Day 5: Visit and celebration with 1,000 leaders from Celina Cossa's organization - UGC.