hike4hunger on World Food Day!
hike4hunger is a global campaign that aims to spread awareness and raise funds for the critical issue of ongoing world hunger. We aim to draw attention to World Food Day on October 16 and inspire people to take a small yet effective step towards ending global hunger, simply by going on a hike and fundraising. By leading a hike, you are showing your commitment to our vision of a hunger-free world. You will be a leader in changing the way the people around you think about hunger and how they can make a difference.
All funds raised through this initiative will go to our partner communities in Africa. Because of your leadership, people will have the opportunity to be leaders in their own communities and lift themselves out of the vicious cycle of hunger and poverty.
How do I get involved?
It's easy! Just get a group of people together, do some fundraising, and go on your hike!
To make it even easier, you can create a fundraising page on FirstGiving in a few simple steps where people can learn about what you are doing and make donations. Just follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/10392
- Click on "Start Fundraising"
- Go through a few steps to name your page and create your account
- Add information and photos, and set your fundraising goal
- Send the link out to your family and friends to start fundraising!
So be inspiring! Take action, challenge yourself and make change happen!
- Download a hike4hunger flyer!
- Hike4hunger and THP-Australia Partner for Second Annual World Food Day Campaign (2011)
- Hike4hunger and THP-New Zealand Partner for World Food Day 2011
- THP-Australia Partners with hike4hunger in Honor of World Food Day (2010)
- Got questions or want to share your ideas with us? Contact us at email@example.com.