Hike4hunger and THP-Australia Partner for Second Annual World Food Day Campaign
On October 16, 2011, hike4hunger will commemorate United Nations World Food Day by encouraging others to join or initiate personal pilgrimages, symbolic walks of solidarity ending at a place of significance. Each year, all hike4hunger proceeds are donated to an organization working with marginalized communities in sub-Saharan Africa. This year hike4hunger will once again partner with The Hunger Project-Australia and has chosen to donate all proceeds to THP's work in Mozambique.
The vast majority of Mozambique's rural population still lives on less than US$1 a day and lacks basic services such as food security, clean water, access to health facilities and schools. The Hunger Project epicenters work with communities to overcome these challenges by supporting the following initiatives:
- Agricultural Diversification
- Food Banks
- Agricultural Innovations and New Technologies
- Community Farms
- Microfinance Programs
Hike4hunger's annual global hikes spread awareness of world hunger and draw attention to World Food Day. This year's campaign is aiming to schedule 35 hikes in 15 countries around the world and hopes to raise over $150,000 for The Hunger Project.
How can you get involved?
- School Award - Get your school involved and be eligible to win $5,000 to invest in your community!
- Day Hikes - Set up your own hike around October 16th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for ideas and support!
- Pilgrimages - Walk with hike4hunger from Canberra to Mt. Kosciuszko on an epic eight-day journey.
For more information please visit hike4hunger online!