The retail sector has benefited for years from coordinating national shopping days around the holidays. Everyone knows “Black Friday” or “Cyber Monday.” But this year, for the second year in a row, something unique will take place on December 3, 2013: #GivingTuesday.
#GivingTuesday celebrates giving by continuing a conversation about ways to give more, give smarter, and put personal philanthropy back into the giving season.
#GivingTuesday is not a new giving platform, but a call to action to celebrate giving during the Holiday Season. It’s an organizing principle to encourage the creativity and energy of Americans to work together for good.
The success of #GivingTuesday depends on the collective efforts of all of us. We will prove that the holidays can be about both giving and giving back. It will celebrate how Americans can do more with their wallets than just shop – and that we Americans can give as good as we get.
Message, in part, courtesy of the #GivingTuesday team!
What can you do?
- Shop with a purpose! From discounted Broadway tickets to Amazon discounts, make your holiday shopping count!
- Give your voice! Download and share the full version of the above image.
- Give your status! Connect with The Hunger Project on Facebook and Twitter.
- Share pinspiration that makes a difference! Follow our #GivingTuesday Pinterest board.
- Learn more about #GivingTuesday
- Most importantly, GIVE! Whether you volunteer, share the #GivingTuesday message with friends or invest in worldwide programs like ours, get out there and give.
Connect with The Hunger Project.